Sunday, November 21, 2010

Further Toward

God can move mountains,
but it's hard to move a boulder
with my human arms,
it's large

and the weather is a little murky

seems the best thing to do is try.
try to move the stone,
try to find the surface of the water,
try to lessen the pull of the noose,
endeavors to salvage this

there are words just floating everywhere
two in a row, three in a row,
the spaces between are befuddling

where should I put this boulder?
the scene is unsurveyable with these words
how long has time passed before acknowledging
this challenge?

and off in the periphery,
there are people laughing
and off to the side,
the people are so happy,
and near the edge of the cliff,
I stand with my rock,
and near the end of the world,
I dance recklessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment