Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Particles

Just laying in the water
the tub, where I come
when I have writer's block
so thick I can only see fog
on the top the mountain
and no place to pull off,
terrifying to be so blind
the tub, is where I come
for relief from everything

the tub, belongs to you
and you come in and wonder
why I still have my jewelry on

but you understand when i say
i feel naked without it
you say I don't look real either
without my decorations

then you're gone.
an old woman in a bar told me,
always keep in touch with
the people you know
because one day they die
and you don't know until
they dont write back
and you don't realize they're dead
until you're eating breakfast
and the dust settles in an odd way.

it's a nightly thing for us, almost
you coming in and handing me a towel
the dust dances around the yellow air
moving constantly through our touches
and we touch constantly with one eye open
to make sure we are conscious when it settles.

No comments:

Post a Comment