Friday, March 18, 2011

Opening Doors to Strangers

Passed out dead,
she said.
I think the saying goes,
Passed out cold.
Yeah, but I'm telling
the truth.

Look on to the dead body
in the apartment
not one of us pay for this place
don't know the owner

Wonder how did she get here.
We all put it up our nose,
in our arms,
we're the rickety frames
on their walls,
but she did not pass go here

Made me want to get clean
immediately
but by that time I was already flushed
from the heat of the junk
sifting through my veins
careening to my brain.

We all have a home
wonder if i could find another way
Have to find ANY way to call this home.

This just isn't home,
this is hell.

Just give me some space,
I'll be down in a while.

Call the cops, for her
after I leave, for her
I'm too fucked up, for her
too unearthed, for her
maybe I'll get clean, for her.

By the time I get home tonight,
you'll wonder who I am, what stranger
I've shared a life with,
I'm too fucked up tonight,
I'll sleep on the floor
next to you in your bed
with my veins and my grueling pull
toward the biggest cliff on this earth.

(Found, circa late Dec)

No comments:

Post a Comment