Sunday, March 6, 2011

Passing Thought

This morning, it was pouring down March's rain
and I woke up and slipped a memory of you
around my body like a warm blanket and stopped
to watch the color green grow across my yard,
I thought about how I had been dreaming
just moments before that you and I were drinking coffee,
I said, "If you want to look, then look."

So I looked deep into the seasons changing
squeezing you tighter around me,
I'd have to travel too far to find you now

it's been five years ago that you told me
you were in love with the woman you knew I'd be
with your canvases piled against the wall
and your Florida mug topped off with wine;

those were our nights, weren't they?
and this is my morning,
you are my moment,

What about the sand you brought to me
placed it above the fireplace and started to say,
"Each grain is for how much..."

(rd)

No comments:

Post a Comment